Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Antenna Problem

Is there any update on getting a replacement for this antenna issue where XR is equipped with a 2×2 MIMO antenna array instead of a 4×4 MIMO antenna array that Apple used on its iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max?

My husband and I always experience decreased performance preventing us from connecting with voice and data networks. We reset the network (Verizon) and turn off WiFi constantly to no avail sometimes, due to no connection at all.

We are considering the 11 just to get a reliable signal

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 10:40 AM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2020 9:14 AM in response to darnesegm

Greetings. darnesegm.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are having some issues with your cellular data. Being able to use your iPhone anywhere is vital, so I’d like to provide some resources that may help.

First, check out the info here: View or change cellular settings on iPhone 

If the issue persists, consider answering the following questions.

• Which actions are you having difficulties performing with your iPhone?
  • Are you able to reliably use Wi-Fi?

Best wishes. 

Apr 17, 2020 9:15 AM in response to Joseph_S.

I am constantly resetting the network. I mostly have only 1 bar even with WiFi and I have unlimited data. Sometimes I turn the WiFi off to get a cellular connection only. This I noticed when I first received the phone. I’m very disappointed my husband and I have regular call failures and now that we’re working from home it’s crucial that the phones work and stay connected. Here’s a screenshot right now in my home on WiFi in my office.

iPhone XR Antenna Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.