Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an unknown error occurred while signing into apple id

"An unknown error occurred" while signing into Apple ID and I need to sign in but I can't. I have tried to reboot and reboot in safe mode. My iMac is running Catalina 10.15.4 and it is a 2017 21.5 inch. Ask me if you need more information.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 11:35 AM

Some people have solved this by going to System Preferences/Internet Accounts, selecting an iCloud account there, and signing in. You need to repeat this for each iCloud account.

19 replies

Apr 14, 2020 5:08 PM in response to manisha64

Thank you Donv for going to https://osxdaily.com/2016/10/23/fix-icloud-unknown-error-cant-connect-problem-mac/, but it didn't work(any of the solutions). I had this problem for some time now (since i was using High Sierra) but at that time it wasnt a problem. I am currently using my mac without my Apple ID. Also, Eric, how do i try to sign in to my account using ur technique, thanks!

Apr 15, 2020 2:07 PM in response to Eric Root

i can use my apple ID else where, I am using my apple ID for support community right now. I had Bitdefender (anti-virus) but i uninstalled it from my mac. I dont use any VPNs though. If another admin account works, then how do i copy all my files and data from my current account to the newer account. Is there a way to duplicate an admin account? Thanks!

an unknown error occurred while signing into apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.