Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble accessing Zoom Break-out Room feature using my new MacBook Pro '16

Here's the situation: My new MacBook Pro "16 (Catalina) has full compatibility with Zoom EXCEPT that the Break-out Rooms feature does not show up. I believe it's a Catalina-based problem.

My Zoom settings are good. (I've logged into Zoom using two different Mac Books using El Capitan and using the exact same settings that I use with my new MacBook Pro, and the older MacBooks can access the Zoom Breakout Rooms.)

I've adjusted my privacy settings to allow Zoom to access microphone, camera and remote control.

I've used both Safari and FireFox with the exact same result.

What am I missing? This (Break-out Rooms) is an important feature for my business.

Thanks.

MG

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 12:13 PM

4 replies

Apr 14, 2020 12:42 PM in response to martygran

Please contact Zoom's tech support for help with their software. It isn't an Apple product. Only consider macOS after getting help from the program's developer. Most likely, it is not an OS problem when the rest of the program is working.

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

These forums only provide help with Apple products. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Apr 14, 2020 7:45 PM in response to DPJ

I found two helpful resources. One said: The trick is to turn it on online first and then exit the desktop version of zoom and then re-open. you should the break out icon at the bottom.  Make sure that you look under the "More" button. Sometimes the minimize screen moves the button into "More," while enlarging the screen turns it back into a button.

The other said:

Step-by-step instructions here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-do-breakout-rooms-in-zoom

The weird thing is that I found that you have to turn it on from the web version of zoom. 

when you go back to the desktop version, you need to exit and then come back in. 

It worked! It was not an Apple problem. I asked if anyone else was having that problem, but I did not say it was an Apple problem.

If you want to talk about real Apple problems, we can discuss the new Mail program for MacBook Pro 16" ...😉

Trouble accessing Zoom Break-out Room feature using my new MacBook Pro '16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.