Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Icons Lost color; greyed out

I have been at a loss all day, I cleared my history on Mac to hopefully fix a log in problem I was having, which it did, but now when I go onto Safari, all of the bookmarks I had are now a grey box with the first letter of the name in the box with the exception of a few. I can't figure out how to get the icons back that were there or return the color that was once there.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 6:04 PM

lmakin2000 Said:

"Safari Icons Lost color; greyed out: I can't figure out how to get the icons back that were there or return the color that was once there."

-------

Revisit the Sites:

You have cleared the history. Having done so, as you visit the sites, the icons will appear once more show up. Note that, it may take a few revisits to the sites. Select these from the Bookmarks menu. The icons come from the sites. So, as you revisit the sites, all are expected to be revealed once more.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 6:04 PM in response to lmakin2000

lmakin2000 Said:

"Safari Icons Lost color; greyed out: I can't figure out how to get the icons back that were there or return the color that was once there."

-------

Revisit the Sites:

You have cleared the history. Having done so, as you visit the sites, the icons will appear once more show up. Note that, it may take a few revisits to the sites. Select these from the Bookmarks menu. The icons come from the sites. So, as you revisit the sites, all are expected to be revealed once more.

Safari Icons Lost color; greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.