Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost data on IPhone XR

I was trying to sync my IPhone to my ITunes, as I hadn’t done it since getting a new phone. The prompt on my Mac asked if I wanted to list as new phone or restore previous uploads. Well I clicked on restoring previous, and now my iPhone has lost all photos, text msg’s, etc. all the way back to 2018. My question is, is there a way to restore what I did, or am I just out of luck?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 8:43 PM

Was that the latest backup that you had on your computer from 2018? Now your iPhone has been restored from that backup. If you do not have any recent backups then that is what you will end up with on your iPhone.

There is one other option as a long shot. Have you been backing up your iPhone on iCloud lately? If YES and if it has not been overwritten by the current setup of your iPhone then you can restore from that backup. Please click here to learn How to Restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup. The only possible issue with this approach is that your Photos and Texts may have already synced in the iCloud reflecting the current condition of your iPhone and you may lose them regardless.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 8:43 PM in response to DPa4377

Was that the latest backup that you had on your computer from 2018? Now your iPhone has been restored from that backup. If you do not have any recent backups then that is what you will end up with on your iPhone.

There is one other option as a long shot. Have you been backing up your iPhone on iCloud lately? If YES and if it has not been overwritten by the current setup of your iPhone then you can restore from that backup. Please click here to learn How to Restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup. The only possible issue with this approach is that your Photos and Texts may have already synced in the iCloud reflecting the current condition of your iPhone and you may lose them regardless.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

Lost data on IPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.