Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with removing - "webserarchresults"

When ever my imac is connected to the wifi every so often a message comes up to allow or deny connections for "websearchresults"I have searched within my Mac for web, anywebsearch, search, .app & deleted everything I found, I checked my system preferences and found something new called "Profiles" I moved it to trash and deleted my trash, i continued with my emails fb google doc etc, then it started coming up again. It has also taken over my google search engine when ever I use it it automatically will go straight to yahoo safe finder search engine... I dont know what else to do, Im going to look for a malware program to install. Any recommendations?

Has any one else had this? If so, what is the process and best way about removing it?

Anything else I should consider? Thanks in advance

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:14 AM

Hi!

Protect your Mac from malware - Apple Support

I don't use anti-malware app, but AFAIK, Malwarebytes is highly recommended for such cases.

5 replies

Help with removing - "webserarchresults"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.