Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar will not load/Says unable to connect to account

My calendar app stopping syncing and says that it cannot connect to my account.

I have tried:

updating iphone

turning off all calendars and turning back on

signing out of my gmail and back in

restarting phone

refreshing page with calendars listed (wheel just spins)

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:22 PM

Hi Kristiemc1,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Calendar account on your iPhone, and I'd like to help.

You've taken some great steps already. It sounds like this is related to your calendar connected to your Gmail account, is that correct? Do you have any other accounts set up to use calendar? If so, are they working without issue?

From the Calendar app, when you tap Calendars at the bottom, do you see a check mark next to your Gmail account? If not, try tapping the radio button to fill it in with a check mark. If a check mark exists next to your Gmail account already, tap the information circle to see if any specific errors pop up.

If this does not lead you to a solution, I would recommend deleting your Gmail account from your phone under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > tap your Gmail account > Delete Account, and then add it back and make sure Calendar is turned on once more: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 6:22 PM in response to Kristiemc1

Hi Kristiemc1,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Calendar account on your iPhone, and I'd like to help.

You've taken some great steps already. It sounds like this is related to your calendar connected to your Gmail account, is that correct? Do you have any other accounts set up to use calendar? If so, are they working without issue?

From the Calendar app, when you tap Calendars at the bottom, do you see a check mark next to your Gmail account? If not, try tapping the radio button to fill it in with a check mark. If a check mark exists next to your Gmail account already, tap the information circle to see if any specific errors pop up.

If this does not lead you to a solution, I would recommend deleting your Gmail account from your phone under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > tap your Gmail account > Delete Account, and then add it back and make sure Calendar is turned on once more: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Calendar will not load/Says unable to connect to account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.