Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iPad. Please help

I have an old iPad Air with many photo albums I put on from an old computer.

I want to take the photo albums off the iPad. How do I do this please?

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:13 PM

Do you simply want to delete them? Or do you want to copy them off the iPad and onto a computer?

The former is simple, the latter not so much.

To simply delete them, you will need to sync the iPad to a computer, and then in the Photos option select an empty folder or turn off the Photo syncing option. This will remove any synced photos from the iPad.

See here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If you want to recover them, then you'll need a third party tool installed on a computer to extract them from the iPad such as iExplorer. (no relation to Microsoft's Internet Explorer) or transfer them to some cloud storage option directly from the iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Newmoongirl

Do you simply want to delete them? Or do you want to copy them off the iPad and onto a computer?

The former is simple, the latter not so much.

To simply delete them, you will need to sync the iPad to a computer, and then in the Photos option select an empty folder or turn off the Photo syncing option. This will remove any synced photos from the iPad.

See here: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If you want to recover them, then you'll need a third party tool installed on a computer to extract them from the iPad such as iExplorer. (no relation to Microsoft's Internet Explorer) or transfer them to some cloud storage option directly from the iPad.

Deleting photos from iPad. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.