Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound input problem

Hi every one,

i tried to link my MacMini to input Mic via the sound line input ... i can see in the Sound control panel the name of the new device when i plug it (Line in) ... but the device can NOT input my sound ...

i tried more than 7 Mics ... all same problem : i can SEE in the Sound control panel, but No sound was entered !!

Please Help!!

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:16 AM

maybe I can help you, Ahman Issawi. The audio-in port on the Mac Mac (at least on the 2012 version) is line-level, that is, you cannot just use a standard PC microphone without some sort of Amplifier. Plus, the standard plug will not work (TRS). Has to be TRRS (4 bands on the plug). You might also want to try using Audio MIDI setup. and if all else fails, get a USB audio adapter which should work.

john b

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 9:16 AM in response to Ahmad Issawi

maybe I can help you, Ahman Issawi. The audio-in port on the Mac Mac (at least on the 2012 version) is line-level, that is, you cannot just use a standard PC microphone without some sort of Amplifier. Plus, the standard plug will not work (TRS). Has to be TRRS (4 bands on the plug). You might also want to try using Audio MIDI setup. and if all else fails, get a USB audio adapter which should work.

john b

Sound input problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.