Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lenovo Yoga laptop as external screen for an iMac?

Hi,

in my ongoing saga to get a second display with any equipment I have at home..

I've got my iMac (Retina 4K, 2017) and wanted to connect a X1 Yoga Lenovo laptop to use it as a 2nd screen.. the cable connection thunderbolt to HDMI doesnt seem to work..

just wondering, if anyone ever got it to work - to use a windows laptop as an extended/secondary screen to your iMac?

my lenovo does seem to have a USB-C entry so maybe I should buy a usb-c to usb-c cable?

I'll maybe post on the Lenovo forums but well, didnt want to register just to post my question ;)

Thanks in advance

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:48 AM

Nope, this will not work. Sorry but we get this question daily and the answer is always the same. There are third party wireless work arounds but you will have to research them and we certainly cannot vouch for their performance. If your Mac needs an external display your best alternative is to buy and external display.

Good luck.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 9:48 AM in response to redgilda

Nope, this will not work. Sorry but we get this question daily and the answer is always the same. There are third party wireless work arounds but you will have to research them and we certainly cannot vouch for their performance. If your Mac needs an external display your best alternative is to buy and external display.

Good luck.

Apr 15, 2020 10:04 AM in response to rkaufmann87

ok thank you for taking the time to respond, I searched the forums but with all different models and configuration I felt like I haven't found the exact answer to my issue.

I dont necessarily "need" a 2nd screen, just though that with 5 screens available (imac, the laptop, macbook pro and a macbook air) and lying around - I figured I would be able to use those and wont need to resort to buying yet 'another' display....

but just curious - would I need to buy an 'apple approved' display from apple.com or any standard monitor would do? seeing as so many people have issues and the cheapest screen on apple.com being at 800 eur... one wonders..

thanks

Lenovo Yoga laptop as external screen for an iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.