Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Battery is not charging"

My Macbook Pro 13" is having charging problems. I have done all I can to identify the problem, including using several different charging cables to see if that is the problem - my oldest cable shows that my laptop is not charging at all, and with a cable and adaptor that is only 6 months old it the charging symbol comes up and my laptop charges very slowly. I had a feeling that this was something to do with the battery therefore, as these wires did not have a problem on my girlfriends Macbook Air. However, my girlfriends laptop has now also displayed that it is not charging! We are not sure what to do. I have restarted my laptop, fully updated it, reset my SMC and got into contact with Apple Support, all to no avail. We are both university students with our final year exams (online) in less than a month, and my laptop cannot be in this state. I cannot send it to a repair shop as I have essays due every week and so need it until then. Please let me know if you have any recommendations, or ideas as to what I can do. Is there anyway a temporary replacement could be sent? or something along those lines? Please let me know!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 12:26 PM

Did Apple not offer to send you a box in which to ship your Mac to them?

Presumably they had you follow all the instructions in If your Mac battery status is "Not Charging" followed by If your Mac battery won’t charge followed by Find how to service or repair your Mac.

That's the end.

Similar questions

6 replies

"Battery is not charging"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.