Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate

So, my iPhone wasn't working so I did what I usually do. (restart my iPhone) I typed out my apple ID and password and this is what it said; 'Unable to Activate Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact apple support at apple.com/support' I tried again so many times and still, it says the same thing. Does anybody know what's happening? If so, I'd really like to know. And I didn't want to call Apple

Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:37 AM

CG_apple Said:

"Unable to activate [...]this is what it said; 'Unable to Activate Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact apple support at apple.com/support[...]"

-------

Be Connected to the Internet.

• Restart your Router
  • Create a new Administrator user (System Preferences > Users & Groups)
  • Use another network (a trustworthy one, like a friend's - not a public one, like a library)
  • Remove the network and then add it back
  • Upgrade your Router to a Faster Speed

If Trying Through iTunes...

• Try about Mac or PC
  • Log out and then log back in
  • Associate your Mac to iTunes
  • Use a hardwire Ethernet connection

Note: Network traffic is pretty high at the moment, being that many are at home at the moment. So, maybe try at night - when many are sleeping (in your Time Zone).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 11:37 AM in response to CG_apple

CG_apple Said:

"Unable to activate [...]this is what it said; 'Unable to Activate Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact apple support at apple.com/support[...]"

-------

Be Connected to the Internet.

• Restart your Router
  • Create a new Administrator user (System Preferences > Users & Groups)
  • Use another network (a trustworthy one, like a friend's - not a public one, like a library)
  • Remove the network and then add it back
  • Upgrade your Router to a Faster Speed

If Trying Through iTunes...

• Try about Mac or PC
  • Log out and then log back in
  • Associate your Mac to iTunes
  • Use a hardwire Ethernet connection

Note: Network traffic is pretty high at the moment, being that many are at home at the moment. So, maybe try at night - when many are sleeping (in your Time Zone).

Unable to activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.