Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app not working

Hi guys, does anyone know how to make the Apple TV app work? Mine goes straight to a black screen that says no downloads and I have no option to move from here . There is no buttons or way off this screen I can find. I have spent hours on the phone with my service provider who advised they can’t help must be an Apple issue. I have rest the phone and app and nothing seems to work. Any tips would be amazing

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 12:04 AM

If you (and your Apple ID account) are in a country or region where no relevant Apple Media Services are offered, then the TV app can only be used for synced content (i.e. the Downloads tab).

If you only get the Downloads tab when there should be more, then something may be wrong with the internet connection or with the app itself.

- Check for connectivity/strong signal.

- Check if the app is allowed to use cellular data, if applicable.

- Close the app. Turn off Wi-Fi and Cellular, then turn on Wi-Fi and Cellular again, then launch the app again. Try the TV app again.

- Sign out of the app. Then sign in again. Try the TV app again.

- Turn off the phone. Then start it up again. Try the TV app again.

- Delete the TV app. Then download the TV app again from the App Store. Try the TV app again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 12:04 AM in response to elishia130

If you (and your Apple ID account) are in a country or region where no relevant Apple Media Services are offered, then the TV app can only be used for synced content (i.e. the Downloads tab).

If you only get the Downloads tab when there should be more, then something may be wrong with the internet connection or with the app itself.

- Check for connectivity/strong signal.

- Check if the app is allowed to use cellular data, if applicable.

- Close the app. Turn off Wi-Fi and Cellular, then turn on Wi-Fi and Cellular again, then launch the app again. Try the TV app again.

- Sign out of the app. Then sign in again. Try the TV app again.

- Turn off the phone. Then start it up again. Try the TV app again.

- Delete the TV app. Then download the TV app again from the App Store. Try the TV app again.

Apple TV app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.