Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you restore an iphone 7?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Sorry, I thought you had a working phone that you wanted to restore from a backup.

The following probably only has what you already tried plus the Get More Help directions to contact Apple support, but it might be worth checking: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 15, 2020 4:58 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the reply and please excuse my technically challenged skills.

I saw the link but not sure it applies to this particular scenario.

My screen is black with white apple logo. It's been like this for the past 24 hrs.

I can hold the volume down and side button at same time for it to power on and off. I have also held them both down while plugged into a laptop with itunes open (and tried to update instead of restore but received and error during first half of the update. Now when I do the same I am unable to pull up the restore options again on the laptop screen with itunes open.

I spoke with apple support earlier who walked me though it but haven't been able to get anyone on the line since (and the same restore or update options aren't appearing on laptop screen again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.