Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone randomly announced the time in a male voice.

My iPhone XR randomly announced the time 11:10pm which was the time at that particular time, but it was weird because I don’t have voiceover or nothing on, which what I’m about to say isn’t relevant but what made it 10x creepier was I was watching a suspenseful movie so it made it a lot worse, but back to the subject, it announced it in a male voice not sure if it was a Siri voice, which it isn’t true one I use, because I use the British Female voice. If anyone knows what happened, and how to prevent it next time, I appreciate the help, thank you!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 12:35 AM

1. Do you have any third party Alarm App installed which is interfering with the default Alarm app?
  2. Do you have BedTime alarm set?
  3. Was there any Alarm symbol on status bar on top (Watch the 1st GIF below)
  4. Check your Reminders Today Notifications (Watch the 2nd GIF Below)

3 replies

My iPhone randomly announced the time in a male voice.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.