Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Voiceover and Time Announcement

Hello!

I'm currently using the Voiceover setting on my iPhone 13 version 15.0.1.

When the phone is in the locked screen position and using Voiceover, every time I move the phone it announces the time.

Can I turn the time announcement off but leave voiceover on?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:12 AM

Hi Brodriguez012,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with VoiceOver announcing the time when you move your iPhone. We'd like to help.

While there isn't a way to adjust this feature within the VoiceOver Settings, you may find it helpful to disable Raise to Wake on your device to stop that from happening. Check out this resource for tips on using and/or disabling that feature:

Use Raise to Wake on your iPhone

Hope that resolves your issue.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 9:12 AM in response to Brodriguez012

Hi Brodriguez012,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with VoiceOver announcing the time when you move your iPhone. We'd like to help.

While there isn't a way to adjust this feature within the VoiceOver Settings, you may find it helpful to disable Raise to Wake on your device to stop that from happening. Check out this resource for tips on using and/or disabling that feature:

Use Raise to Wake on your iPhone

Hope that resolves your issue.

Cheers!

iPhone 13 Voiceover and Time Announcement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.