Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Downtime affecting voice messages

so with the new IOS16 I’ve realized that when my downtime goes into effect, my voice messages are affected as well, since it is now an app within iMessages. Is there a way around this? I’m not sure how to undo this without taking off my screen time completely since I can’t seem to find it in my settings.

also, postponing downtime (“15 more minute”…) does not “re-“enable the voice message function. - quite annoying tbh

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 3:03 AM

Probably you may have Set communication limits along with Down Time

Go to Settings > Screen Time, then turn on Screen Time if you haven't already. Tap Communication Limits, tap During Screen Time, then select one of the following for communication at all times (other than downtime): Contacts Only: To allow communication only with your contacts.

Set up Screen Time for yourself on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 3:03 AM in response to Val_Dop

Probably you may have Set communication limits along with Down Time

Go to Settings > Screen Time, then turn on Screen Time if you haven't already. Tap Communication Limits, tap During Screen Time, then select one of the following for communication at all times (other than downtime): Contacts Only: To allow communication only with your contacts.

Set up Screen Time for yourself on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Downtime affecting voice messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.