Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer settings

I'm trying to get my Canon TS5151 printer to print in draft / economy quality. I found a question from 6 years ago asking the same thing, with this solution:

"Before printing go to system preferences, then print and scan. On the left side there will be an option to add a printer and click on the + button. Select your canon printer and below under "USE" select the canon series NOT airprint. For some reason the defalt is airprint and it does not support draft printing. Then pull the presets up like normal and select "fast". "

This worked for the OP but this doesn't work for me: under 'USE' there is no 'Canon Series' to select. My only options are 'Airprint', 'Select Software', 'Other'; with 'Auto Select' greyed out. I am connected via a USB cable as (today) my mac is not recognising my printer via wireless connection. My mac is on OS X Yosemite.

All assistance gratefully received. I'm not at all technical so simple guidance is appreciated!

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:47 AM

Hello,

You will need to reach out to Canon’s support for assistance with their product.

Similar questions

1 reply

Canon printer settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.