Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reboots, why?

my 2017 macbook pro 13' started to randomly shut down, 2 days ago. than boot back up. After log in, i get a message that tells me my computer restarted because of a problem, i click to expand but just see a bunch of codes i do not understand. i send the error message to apple and that's it, until it occurs again! anyone know why my computer keeps randomly doing this?? so frustrating especially when in the middle of something. please someone help me what to do to fix the issue.... thanks.

ej.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:58 AM

my_macbook_pro_ wrote:

my 2017 macbook pro 13' started to randomly shut down, 2 days ago. than boot back up. After log in, i get a message that tells me my computer restarted because of a problem, i click to expand but just see a bunch of codes i do not understand. i send the error message to apple and that's it, until it occurs again! anyone know why my computer keeps randomly doing this?? so frustrating especially when in the middle of something. please someone help me what to do to fix the issue.... thanks.

ej.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 10:58 AM in response to my_macbook_pro_

my_macbook_pro_ wrote:

ej.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Apr 17, 2020 5:09 AM in response to leroydouglas

thanks for the help, looks like it was the portable ssd i attached to my macbook pro. i disconnected the ssd and my laptop has not restarted so far. i didn't think it would be that since the ssd says it is mac n windows compatible ... but glad it's nothing major or my laptop. thank you for the link u provided it lead me right to the issue.

reboots, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.