Macbook pro shutdown unexpectedly

I keep getting a error "your computer restarted because of an error. Press any key to continue". can you please assist?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 12:32 PM

Kiri89 wrote:

I keep getting a error "your computer restarted because of an error. Press any key to continue". can you please assist?

Uninstall any and all third party Antivirus, Cleaners, Optimizers, VPN, speeder uppers....

all known to cause issue on the macOS.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

other possibilities—

and third-party sync software like: OneDrive, GoogleDrive, BackBlaze or DropBox

disconnect all third party peripherals that are not mission critical.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 12:32 PM in response to Kiri89

Kiri89 wrote:

Uninstall any and all third party Antivirus, Cleaners, Optimizers, VPN, speeder uppers....

all known to cause issue on the macOS.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

other possibilities—

and third-party sync software like: OneDrive, GoogleDrive, BackBlaze or DropBox

disconnect all third party peripherals that are not mission critical.

Macbook pro shutdown unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.