Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I saw this in my settings >privacy >analytics

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:24 AM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2020 7:58 AM in response to rizwan196

Reposted from your duplicate of this posting, though this thread has more details:

These are device logs. Statistics, crashes, that sort of detail. The Apple Developer information has generic info of interest to app developers contending with their own app device logs and crash logs, but the contents of these logs tend to be app-specific, and quite often undocumented. Overview:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/diagnosing_issues_using_crash_reports_and_device_logs

I’d suggest starting with securing your iPhone and Apple ID, if this question is a continuation of the themes of some of your previous question here; around your statements of the potential for iPhone security compromises, and call-monitoring with your iPhone. This as rummaging device and crash and performance logs seeking evidence of possible compromises is unlikely to be effective, where improving end-user iPhone and iPad and Apple ID security is a more direct path. Finding any needles in ever-larger haystacks is not easy. This security would include backing up, wiping, reinstalling apps as malware persistence over a reload is quite rare), as well as better device physical security (keeping your devices close, and preventing untrusted others from accessing them), as would be changing passwords on critical accounts, enabling two-factor authentication and related steps.

Apr 16, 2020 7:33 AM in response to rizwan196

Yes, those are diagnostic logs. If you contact Apple with a problem they can ask you to send them the logs for analysis. When you sync the phone to your computer they are copied to it if you have enabled sending diagnostics to Apple in iTunes. There is no personally identifiable information in them.

If you don’t want them to be shared just turn off the Share buttons in Settings/Privacy/Analytics & Improvements.

I saw this in my settings >privacy >analytics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.