Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Video Games on Macbook Air

Hello,

I have a Macbook Air 13" (2019). Should I play video games , does it harm the computer in any aspect? I am asking because I recently tried to play Football Manager 2018 and the computer started to heat and make noices. Is it a problem that it makes noice& heates?.

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:46 AM

No, there is no problem at all. It is the most normal thing. Every computer heat up while playing games or doing heavy work, in Apple products fans will speed up for cooling, thats the noise you hear.

About harm, it is not harmless but it doesn't mean you can play any game, since its Mac, check on requierements of the games and see the every game doesn't support macOS.

Have a good time playing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Myavuz53

No, there is no problem at all. It is the most normal thing. Every computer heat up while playing games or doing heavy work, in Apple products fans will speed up for cooling, thats the noise you hear.

About harm, it is not harmless but it doesn't mean you can play any game, since its Mac, check on requierements of the games and see the every game doesn't support macOS.

Have a good time playing.

Playing Video Games on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.