Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music not showing

So this is driving me crazy ... my iTunes has a lot of music - much of it purchased from Apple. iMac 10.14.6 iTunes 12.9.5.5.

Yesterday an external drive (which has nothing to do with my iTunes) crashed. Now I'm finding that a lot (not all) of my purchased tracks are not showing up in my iTunes.

There's an (!) marker next to the tracks. I can see them in the list when I look at my Purchased music. But they've disappeared from my iTunes Music folder.

I thought it should be easy to download them again but I was mistaken ... the download option is not offered when I go to my iTunes account.

I have one Instrumental Hits album with around 100 tracks that I purchased from Apple. To restore my tracks I have to double click the track and get the error asking me to Locate the track. I have to cancel that and then the download icon appears against that track. Clicking on the download icon gets the track back into my iMac/iTunes.

This cannot be done with the entire album ... it has to be track by track. That's just crazy!

Isn't there an easier way to get my purchased music back?

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:44 AM

Hmm ... very odd ... this morning I opened up iTunes and the missing tracks all appear where they should be ... verrrry odd.

I guess the problem is solved (until the next time?) ...

Similar questions

1 reply

Purchased music not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.