Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yeti Blue Microphone versus Mac computer

I too had this problem till In saw a video. The audio on the youtube video was somewhat low but I saw the fellow switch the cable. So I had to search for a smaller length cable and voila it worked. My theory is the cable is too long for the 2012 iMac I have. I also have an Mac mini 2012 and a MacBook Pro 2012 and an HP Folio that I have not tested. I see other have had this problem. Look for a shorter USB cable.

Lou Cioccio

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:55 PM

Update the original cable did not work/recognized by either MacBook Pro 2012 (Catalina Beta) or the HP Folio (Windows 10 Pro Beta) but once I swapped it with the different cable it worked/recognized it. Both cable were plugged into it directly.

Lou Cioccio

3 replies

Apr 16, 2020 12:55 PM in response to Louis Cioccio2

May depend on the Mac. I had no problem using my Yeti Blue with a 2010 Mac Pro I sold a bit ago, and no trouble with a 2018 Mac Mini. And for that, it's first being plugged into a powered USB hub. Not directly to the Mac.

But that's still very good information for those not getting a good signal for the mic with their Mac. Though it could also possibly be the supplied USB cable is bad.

Apr 16, 2020 1:59 PM in response to Louis Cioccio2

Oh, I believe you. It was just a thought. I had an older FireWire external drive I used to backup a Mac that drives our scanner. For no reason I could think of, it would drop off the desktop all on its own - come back - drop off. This is a drive that never moved, so I didn't think it could possibly be the cable. But as soon as I replaced the FireWire cable, the problem stopped.

Yeti Blue Microphone versus Mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.