Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i edit on macbook air 2020 with quad core I5

I am considering buying the MacBook air 2020 with the I5 quad core upgrade. I will use it for school stuff. I was wondering if it is able to edit in imovie 10 min 1080p videos, just small videos from when i have been travelling and only simple cutting in video and audio:)

MacBook

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 11:40 PM

Yes, you can edit fine with iMovie on an i5 processor. I would get at least 8GB of memory and at least 1.6 GHz.. Actually only 4GB of memory is needed, as I recall, but my MacBook Air has 8GB, so i know that works. You might consider getting the higher end graphics card, although not strictly necessary. You might need to get the 16GB model to get the better graphics card. Just depends what you want to spend. Google the requirements for iMovie so you can decide what you want.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 11:40 PM in response to S1mbold

Yes, you can edit fine with iMovie on an i5 processor. I would get at least 8GB of memory and at least 1.6 GHz.. Actually only 4GB of memory is needed, as I recall, but my MacBook Air has 8GB, so i know that works. You might consider getting the higher end graphics card, although not strictly necessary. You might need to get the 16GB model to get the better graphics card. Just depends what you want to spend. Google the requirements for iMovie so you can decide what you want.

-- Rich

Can i edit on macbook air 2020 with quad core I5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.