Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi assist

just Got the new iPhone XR and I went to turn my wifi assist off but it’s greyed out is there anyways to fix it? Don’t want to go over my data rather be able to turn it off

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 5:33 PM

Hello, AmyBryan.

Congrats on your new iPhone! I understand that the Wi-Fi Assist feature is greyed out in Settings. 

The first thing I would suggest is that you Restart your iPhone. This straightforward troubleshooting step is quick and often resolves any number of issues. 

I would next make sure that the iPhone us up-to-date. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the feature is still greyed out, I'd suggest resetting your network settings. To do so, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and tap Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset any stored Wi-Fi networks and passwords as well as any other cellular settings. These steps are also found in the Apple Support article, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.

You can read more about Wi-Fi Assists here: About Wi-Fi Assist

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 5:33 PM in response to AmyBryan

Hello, AmyBryan.

Congrats on your new iPhone! I understand that the Wi-Fi Assist feature is greyed out in Settings. 

The first thing I would suggest is that you Restart your iPhone. This straightforward troubleshooting step is quick and often resolves any number of issues. 

I would next make sure that the iPhone us up-to-date. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the feature is still greyed out, I'd suggest resetting your network settings. To do so, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and tap Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset any stored Wi-Fi networks and passwords as well as any other cellular settings. These steps are also found in the Apple Support article, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.

You can read more about Wi-Fi Assists here: About Wi-Fi Assist

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Wifi assist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.