Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on MacBook Default Template Issue

I don't understand how or why this happened, but for some reason my default template's settings changed (e.g., headers and footers visible, margins, etc.). The font is the only thing that didn't get set back to default. Furthermore, now the template chooser pops up every time despite having the option picked to open to my default template.

Why did this happen? How do I prevent things like this from happening without making the changes myself? And how do I get Pages to stop opening the template chooser?

Thank you

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 6:50 PM

There are flaws in Pages 10 that will require a future update from Apple. It ignores an explicit request to open to a designated template, and assumes everyone like thumbnails. That as good as a why question gets, as the Pages product team does not explain their actions to we fellow users.

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 17, 2020 11:53 AM in response to nshady16

"Is there any way to stop that and just have the document only by default?!"

As VikingOSX has said, "…that will require a future update from Apple."

As a user of the software, you can give Apple a nudge in that direction using the Provide Pages Feedback item in the Pages menu. Be factual regarding how this change affects your use of Pages and your workflow.

Be factual, be civil, and after sending, be patient.

Regards,

Barry

Pages on MacBook Default Template Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.