Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

finder - file view back to front

Hiya, I think there is an issue with new finder after update to Catalina, way too many options added and one is highly annoying - the files open up back to front! I mean from the last one, to the first one. I'm a photographer so this makes it tough working with high volumes of photos.

Is there any way to change this preference? I tried using different options in ACTIONS :: with sort by, clean up etc not working. Thanks guys!

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 7:11 AM

Thanks Barnie, didn't realise it was indeed an issue for everyone, thought it was just me! Your suggestion did really work as after selecting the first one, quick look then arrows, it jumps to the image below but not the next one if this makes sense. I did however discovered a new way to look at the images (in the correct order!) if you select GALLERY view. It actually is very similar to the quick view and you can select full screen mode too. Not as instant but it works fine. Thanks anyway.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barnie, didn't realise it was indeed an issue for everyone, thought it was just me! Your suggestion did really work as after selecting the first one, quick look then arrows, it jumps to the image below but not the next one if this makes sense. I did however discovered a new way to look at the images (in the correct order!) if you select GALLERY view. It actually is very similar to the quick view and you can select full screen mode too. Not as instant but it works fine. Thanks anyway.

finder - file view back to front

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.