Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchases and Downloads of removed movies by Apple on AppleTV App

Some movies on the AppleTV app are taken off the selection of movies by Apple once in a while and therefore there is no more access to them. Neither for buying, nor for renting.

What happens, if I bought a movie, but DID NOT download it to one of my devices (computer, iPad or iPhone), will I still have access to the movie, if it has been removed from AppleTV's database?

What if I bought and DID download it to one of my devices, will it remain on the device?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 8:39 AM

Providers can remove content from the store at any time. When you purchase a movie you are buying the digital file, and will only have cloud access as long as that item remains in the store. If it is removed then you lose cloud access. It is always recommended to download and backup purchases as that is yours to keep.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 8:39 AM in response to airwalker

Providers can remove content from the store at any time. When you purchase a movie you are buying the digital file, and will only have cloud access as long as that item remains in the store. If it is removed then you lose cloud access. It is always recommended to download and backup purchases as that is yours to keep.

Purchases and Downloads of removed movies by Apple on AppleTV App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.