Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are movies bought on Apple TV app stored?

Where are my movies stored and how are they stored when I purchase through the Apple TV app on my smart tv. Also i have two movies that i have purchased before and it says i am allowed to Redownload them but when i try they never appear with the rest of my movies in the Apple TV app on my tv

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

QTQ80,

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 4:32 AM

Where are my movies stored and how are they stored

On Apple’s servers. It is a streaming service. But you are allowed to download purchased content on a computer.

Also i have two movies that i have purchased before and it says i am allowed to Redownload them but when i try they never appear with the rest of my movies

Were they purchased using the same Apple ID account from the iTunes Store? Purchased movies will appear in the library, but for one account at a time. Also if you changed country or region for your account, then titles from the previous country or region may not be licensed for the new country or region.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 4:32 AM in response to Rustin52

Where are my movies stored and how are they stored

On Apple’s servers. It is a streaming service. But you are allowed to download purchased content on a computer.

Also i have two movies that i have purchased before and it says i am allowed to Redownload them but when i try they never appear with the rest of my movies

Were they purchased using the same Apple ID account from the iTunes Store? Purchased movies will appear in the library, but for one account at a time. Also if you changed country or region for your account, then titles from the previous country or region may not be licensed for the new country or region.

Where are movies bought on Apple TV app stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.