Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently use an IPhone XS on vodafone in the UK. I want to unlock my old iphone 4 which I have not used for years and wipe the contents and the settings so that I can give it to my son who will then use it with a new giffgaff sim

I am UK based and use and use an iPhone XS with a Vodafone SIM. I used the same SIM on my old iPhone 4 many years ago. I want to access my old iPhone 4 so that I can wipe all the settings and data in order that I can give the iphone4 to my son to use with a GiffGaff SIM. What is the best way to do this without messing up anything to do with the data and settings my iPhone XS?

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 7:53 AM

Follow the instructions in this Apple support article—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This will not have any affect on your XS.

2 replies

I currently use an IPhone XS on vodafone in the UK. I want to unlock my old iphone 4 which I have not used for years and wipe the contents and the settings so that I can give it to my son who will then use it with a new giffgaff sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.