Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail on iPhone and Mac not Syncing

Not sure how long it’s been going on, but mail on iPhone and MacBook do not sync. It’s a pain to continuously have to file the same items on both devices.

Also, the last couple weeks on iPhone I get the following from filed items:

This message has not been downloaded from the server

whats going on the last few weeks why is nothing working?

i have tried everything from a troubleshooting perspective. It’s ridiculous.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:02 AM

Tha is so much... what finally worked was deleting the Mail app from iPhone, downloading it from the App Store and signing back in. Doing that fixed the problem on the MacBook.

Yes, it was iCloud mail. I’m shocked iCloud Mail isn’t further along by now. I switched from Gmail.

Thanks again!

3 replies

Apr 18, 2020 1:54 PM in response to Originaladrian

Hello Originaladrian and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with email not syncing between a Mac and an iPhone. From the way this is phrased it sounds like this is less about the "read/unread" status and more about filing individual messages into mailboxes.

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

If this is regarding an iCloud mail account, you'll want to start by signing out of both devices. (On the Mac, do that at System Preferences > iCloud. On the iPhone do it at Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Next shut down both devices. Then reboot the Mac and sign in and finally, do the same on the iPhone.

If that process does not resolve the issue or if this is not an iCloud account, then delete the account, reboot and then add the account back. As long as this is an account hosted by a major service such as Google or Yahoo, the account should be of the IMAP type so you do not risk data loss as messages live on their server, not just on your device. If you are unsure, then check with your provider before taking this step.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Mail on iPhone and Mac not Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.