Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending my Time Capsule with AirPort Extreme using Ethernet

What parameter needs to change in my Time Capsule to allow for Extended wireless using Ethernet.

Can not find parameter in Time Capsule that will allow AirPort Extreme to be used as an Extender.

It was working with one AirPort Extreme and I went to add another and now neither one works.

During updating of AirPort Extreme it is warning me that Time Capsule is not set up for Extended network but I can not find a parameter in AU edit Time Capsule to turn on Extended wireless network.

I am familiar with AU parameters and I must have set it up correctly years ago.

Both AE,s are connect to TC with Ethernet cables

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 11:50 AM

What parameter needs to change in my Time Capsule to allow for Extended wireless using Ethernet.

Nothing needs to be changed.

Can not find parameter in Time Capsule that will allow AirPort Extreme to be used as an Extender.

You won't find it, because it is not there. Nothing needs to be changed on the Time Capsule.

Using the AirPort Utility setup "wizard", the AirPort Extreme will be configured to extend using Ethernet.

In the example below, you can see an AirPort Express that is being set up to extend the network provided by an AirPort Extreme using Ethernet. You will see your Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme on your screen during the setup.

If you are still having difficulty, let us know whether you are using a Mac or an iPhone / iPad for the setup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 11:50 AM in response to BARTAnd

Nothing needs to be changed.

You won't find it, because it is not there. Nothing needs to be changed on the Time Capsule.

Using the AirPort Utility setup "wizard", the AirPort Extreme will be configured to extend using Ethernet.

In the example below, you can see an AirPort Express that is being set up to extend the network provided by an AirPort Extreme using Ethernet. You will see your Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme on your screen during the setup.

If you are still having difficulty, let us know whether you are using a Mac or an iPhone / iPad for the setup.

Extending my Time Capsule with AirPort Extreme using Ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.