Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering passcode when voice over is on

I can’t get my iPhone 7 to accept the password. It’s in voiceover mode and I need to enter the password to use Siri. I do have the correct password, it just is not registering on the screen

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 4:25 PM

Hello, AnneCroweF.

I understand that due to VoiceOver beign enabled, you are unable to unlock your iPhone. Having been in this exact situation, I am particularly excited to pass this information on to you.

To get around this, we’ll need Siri's help. Using, "Hey, Siri" or using the Side button to enable Siri, ask Siri to "disable VoiceOver." Then, you can input your passcode as you would normally. You can also try triple clicking the Side button.

Use Siri on all your Apple devices

How to navigate your iPhone with VoiceOver

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 4:25 PM in response to AnneCroweF

Hello, AnneCroweF.

I understand that due to VoiceOver beign enabled, you are unable to unlock your iPhone. Having been in this exact situation, I am particularly excited to pass this information on to you.

To get around this, we’ll need Siri's help. Using, "Hey, Siri" or using the Side button to enable Siri, ask Siri to "disable VoiceOver." Then, you can input your passcode as you would normally. You can also try triple clicking the Side button.

Use Siri on all your Apple devices

How to navigate your iPhone with VoiceOver

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Apr 19, 2020 5:03 AM in response to Teddy_B

Just thought I’d add that I’m nit quite sure what actually worked as I kept trying lots of things. But the main problem was that when I was trying Siri I was told that I needed to enter my password to activate Siri. I think it might have been that I tapped the screen itself 2or3 times and then was able to enter password. Then again it could have been side button. Sorry I’m not certain but thanks for the help. We got there somehow

Entering passcode when voice over is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.