Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro ‘18 HDMI sound problem.

Hy there,

I have recently bought an HP E243 Elite Display and also a Baseus Hub Adapter.

I’m connecting the monitor with the Ipad via a HDMI cable, everything works perfect instantly, the screen get’s mirrored in 2 seconds , but the problem that I have it’s with the adapters audio jack, straight after I plug in the HDMI cable the sound get’s cut off, just the ones from the music or video apps , the system sounds, like Gmail notifications they still work, but how I said no music or video, now if I plug in headphones, normal or wireless, they work fine, only when they’re plugged into the adapter, without them I can seem to hear any sound coming out of the Ipad. There’s one exception, I have a sound system with two large speakers, when I plug it in, there’s no sound at all, this only happens on the Ipad, everywhere else the system works, plugged into my phone or on the laptop, works fine.

Can anyone please help me with this issue, anyone knows any solution for this problem, I would really appreciate your help, Robert.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:06 PM

Hello,

This is expected behavior.

Similar questions

3 replies

Ipad Pro ‘18 HDMI sound problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.