Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Apple ID email, everything on my phone works well but not on my Macbook

Advanced apology if this is unclear or if I'm missing key info.

A few months ago I changed my apple ID email and password. I haven't been able to update it on my Mac. It's causing problems because I can't update things like adobe because my Mac is still connected to my last apple ID which is no longer valid.

I can't figure out how to change my apple id on my computer to my current one. I only have the option to change my password of my last apple id (which I've tried to do to see if I can still just use that, but of course, it says it's invalid).

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:49 PM

You will need to do that. They should sync back when you sign back in. You can make a copy just to have a backup.

Towards the end of the article are instructions for getting the files back on your computer.

Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Archive or make copies of your iCloud data.    

7 replies

I changed my Apple ID email, everything on my phone works well but not on my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.