Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue to 'zoom out' on iPad Pro

Hello,

I have a 'zoom' problem with my 2018 iPad Pro running iPadOs 13.4.

For example if I open the Amazon app and compare what I see on the screen on my ipad as opposed to what I would see if I open the same Amazon page on a computer, the page on the iPad Pro is way too much zoomed in and I do not know how to fix since the zoom feature is already turned off in the Accessibility menu.

It's the same thing for the web pages that I browse using Safari: there are too much 'zoomed in'!

I would like to be able to achieve the same result as when I press the 'Apple + Minus key' on a computer and to be able to save this setting as my default zoom setting but I do not know how to do it.

Does anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:04 PM

The App has a different layout than the website. There's not much do there. Its going to be a bit more cramped by design.

Does the zoom effect happen outside the Amazon app or in other Apps, if so, you may want to check if the screen is not actually zoom, by tapping the screen twice with 3 fingers.

You can also check in Settings->Display & Brightness->View, and make sure its set to standard, and not Zoomed which would make the screen and other apps also look much more zoomed in and cramped.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 1:04 PM in response to Dr-Chemist

The App has a different layout than the website. There's not much do there. Its going to be a bit more cramped by design.

Does the zoom effect happen outside the Amazon app or in other Apps, if so, you may want to check if the screen is not actually zoom, by tapping the screen twice with 3 fingers.

You can also check in Settings->Display & Brightness->View, and make sure its set to standard, and not Zoomed which would make the screen and other apps also look much more zoomed in and cramped.

Apr 17, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Phil0124

Thank you for your reply Phil0124.

I checked the 'view' settings and they are set to normal so I assume there is not much I can do to improve this! Also, I think it is indeed specific to the Amazon app.

Regarding browsing web pages, I just wish there was a trick just like the 'Apple + Minus key' on a Mac that would allow to do something similar on iPad.

It's all the more surprising that this type of trick could probably be easily implemented on iPad using a combination of fingers move...

Issue to 'zoom out' on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.