Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 10 and Section Page Numbers

This is not a question, but a troubleshoot solve. It used to be easy to number pages in Pages by going to the section tab. But since that tab disappeared, there was little help in how to get to the box to change starting page number, or change up sections, or even to leave the first page blank.

Go to your document and click the Format box. You will see in the document or footer/header, you canNOT get to the section tab. you have to click outside the document to bring up the section tab. There you can continue from previous page, fill, start at a different number, match previous section, etc.

What a hassle.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:51 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2020 2:33 PM in response to TheRealFriar

I want to thank you. My husband and I have been trying to change a page number on a pages document for about 4 hours between the two of us. Though I am a dunderhead when it comes to computers my husband is quite savvy. As I was preparing to throw the computer out into the yard and stump on it, my husband said I'm taking the dogs for a walk. I thought, OK, I'll give it one last chance and found your set of instructions. I don't know who writes these programs but the ease of the user must be the last thing on there mind because "who would have thought". As usual, although it says it is Pages 10.0, Apple's user manual is for previous versions of pages. Thank you again.

Pages 10 and Section Page Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.