Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my iMessages history between devices?

I had to wipe my iPhone 6s clean after breaking the screen, the digitizer went awry and started inputting the incorrect password in too many attempts, thereby locking the iPhone.

Unfortunately, I hadn't hooked up my iPhone to my macbook in over a year and the iCloud function stopped syncing a while ago. While my iMessages on iPhone continue with what transpired a year ago, the iMessages on my iPad are up to date.

So, how do I sync the iMessage history between my iPhone and iPad? Is there something easy I'm not seeing? Apologize if that's the case but 'd appreciate someone's help!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 2:13 PM

You don't, at least not and get old iMessages. If you turn on iCloud Messages, you will be able to sync from now on, but not past messages that do not exist on the devices. Also, remember that with iCloud messages, if you delete a message is it gone for good. You cannot recover Messages like you could if they were backed up from the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 2:13 PM in response to L.Pasteur

You don't, at least not and get old iMessages. If you turn on iCloud Messages, you will be able to sync from now on, but not past messages that do not exist on the devices. Also, remember that with iCloud messages, if you delete a message is it gone for good. You cannot recover Messages like you could if they were backed up from the device.

How do I sync my iMessages history between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.