Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.4.1 volume issue with bluetooth headphones

Hi, every time I turn on bluetooth on my iPhone X and also turn on my bluetooth headphones they connect, then I check the volume on my phone and suppose it is at 50%, then no matter if I lower the volume or if I leave it untouched, when I open the Music App and play any song, the song starts playing at the maximum volume and this is at least very annoying. Any idea of how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 1:27 PM

Hi blastermaster8b,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand when you have Bluetooth headphones connected to your iPhone, the Music app plays at maximum volume, no matter if you adjust your volume prior to playback. I am happy to help.

It sounds like you'll want to adjust the volume limit for the Music app. You can do this under Settings > Music > Volume Limit. As quoted from within this article: Change the way music sounds on iPhone - Apple Support, "The Volume Limit affects earbuds, headphones, and some other accessories that are plugged into the headphone jack or lightning connector, or that use a Bluetooth connection. To prevent changes to the volume limit, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Volume Limit, then tap Don’t Allow."

Best regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 1:27 PM in response to blastermaster8b

Hi blastermaster8b,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand when you have Bluetooth headphones connected to your iPhone, the Music app plays at maximum volume, no matter if you adjust your volume prior to playback. I am happy to help.

It sounds like you'll want to adjust the volume limit for the Music app. You can do this under Settings > Music > Volume Limit. As quoted from within this article: Change the way music sounds on iPhone - Apple Support, "The Volume Limit affects earbuds, headphones, and some other accessories that are plugged into the headphone jack or lightning connector, or that use a Bluetooth connection. To prevent changes to the volume limit, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Volume Limit, then tap Don’t Allow."

Best regards.

iOS 13.4.1 volume issue with bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.