Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers / xcel

my xcel file is no longer working/ interactive on my newer macbook pro (worked beautifully on my older macbook that is now fried). it was an amoritization/mortgage file and I could add / delete payments and it would calculate my new payoff date. on the new macbook pro, this same file is static. no matter what changes I make, it's not changing any outcomes. (seems the formula is not being applied).

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 7:53 PM

Hi Leigh,

What version of macOS is running on your newer MCPro? (Apple menu>About this Mac)

What version of MS Excel Mac are you using? (should be in Excel menu>About Excel Version name as well as version number, in this case).

Have you tried opening the Amortization file using Numbers? (Numbers will create a copy of the file and convert that copy to a Numbers document if possible. The original file will not be affected (unless you export the Numbers document to Excel format without making a change to the file name and/or save location.

You could also try opening the file using LibreOffice, an open source application that provides better compatibility with Excel documents than does Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 7:53 PM in response to leigh1970

Hi Leigh,

What version of macOS is running on your newer MCPro? (Apple menu>About this Mac)

What version of MS Excel Mac are you using? (should be in Excel menu>About Excel Version name as well as version number, in this case).

Have you tried opening the Amortization file using Numbers? (Numbers will create a copy of the file and convert that copy to a Numbers document if possible. The original file will not be affected (unless you export the Numbers document to Excel format without making a change to the file name and/or save location.

You could also try opening the file using LibreOffice, an open source application that provides better compatibility with Excel documents than does Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

numbers / xcel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.