numbers won't export to excel

Using MacAir, M2 2022. Monterey 12.5.

Exporting Numbers to Excel does not work any longer. (Previously worked OK...now no longer working.)

File>Export to>Excel produces a very small Excel file in the target directory. (220kB Numbers exports as a 12kB Excel)

The small Excel file is not able to be opened by Excel, receive the following error message:

Sorry, we couldn't find /Users/stevemarsh/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/FAC/231030 FAC comments on 23:231030 FAC comments on 23:24 Reserve Study.xlsx. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 4:06 PM

I think the problem might be the colons in the file name 231030 FAC comments on 23:231030 FAC comments on 23:24 Reserve Study.xlsx. I wonder how they could get there since if I try to do it they are replaced by a dash.

As for the Excel file being much smaller than the Numbers file that's usual, nothing to worry about.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2023 4:06 PM in response to sssmarsh

I think the problem might be the colons in the file name 231030 FAC comments on 23:231030 FAC comments on 23:24 Reserve Study.xlsx. I wonder how they could get there since if I try to do it they are replaced by a dash.

As for the Excel file being much smaller than the Numbers file that's usual, nothing to worry about.

numbers won't export to excel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.