Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 macbook pro stage light effect

So a few weeks ago, I noticed some dark spots at the bottom of my 2017 MBP. I wasn't sure if it was me, or if it had always been there of if it was a problem. After a little googling and talking to Apple. My computer is suffering from the Stage Lighting Effect. Of course my machine is out of warranty and after chatting with Apple, I am told , in order to get this fixed. I will have to deposit $800 up front. Some of which would be deposited if the problem is cheaper to fix. This was a bit annoying. Yes, my Mac is out of warranty, but this is a known design flaw. The cable connecting the monitor to the mother board is too short and wears out over time. But after 3 years? Personally, I feel that APPLE should cover this. Especially since we pay a premium for these computers. I have been an Apple user for over 15 years now. I am very disappointed with the handling of this issue.

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 8:29 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 17, 2020 9:29 PM in response to CubX

Cubx Said:

"2017 macbook pro stage light effect: So a few weeks ago, I noticed some dark spots at the bottom of my 2017 MBP. I wasn't sure if it was me, or if it had always been there of if it was a problem. After a little googling and talking to Apple. My computer is suffering from the Stage Lighting Effect.[...]Personally, I feel that APPLE should cover this. Especially since we pay a premium for these computers. I have been an Apple user for over 15 years now. I am very disappointed with the handling of this issue."

-------

In Relevance: - My 2017 MBP's screen went dead 11 times - each time of which I sent it in. So, I was informed, it was all due to a loose connector that would not stay in contact with the LogicBoard - I finally got a free upgrade. So, yes, I have been through it.

With No Protection:

If you had purchased an AppleCare Plus protection with this, this may not no longer be covered anyway, should it have been more than 3 years max. 3 years is the typical life span for a computer's top end use, then it just gets a bit slower, and hardware goes down. That's typical.

Provide Apple Feedback:

Inform Apple of this Faultiness. Let them know of this occurrence. They may not get back to you directly, but the more they hear of such faulty devices, the more they'll know what has taken place.

To Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - MacBook Pro - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

2017 macbook pro stage light effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.