Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not receiving any notifications!

My MacBook Pro 2018 with Touch Bar, has not been receiving any notifications. I do not get notifications for messages nor my emails. I do get a badge icon that appears on the apps yet no notification in the right hand corner. I have checked do not disturb and it is off, and my notifications are on for all my apps. I also cannot open the notification manager in the top right hand corner. Every time I press it nothing happens. Please help, I have restarted them multiple times, and even gone to the activity monitor to try and reset the notification engine.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 6:02 PM

Hello haseeb52.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are not receiving message notifications. Being able to receiving notifications is important, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's start up in safe mode to see if that helps:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 6:02 PM in response to haseeb52

Hello haseeb52.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are not receiving message notifications. Being able to receiving notifications is important, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's start up in safe mode to see if that helps:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers.

MacBook Pro not receiving any notifications!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.