Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist missing on AppleTV

Have the 90 day trial Music subscription and everything seems to be working on my Mac mini, MBP, Homepods and iPhone. My existing playlists are available and work fine. However on Apple TV when I go to the Music app - Playlist, none of my existing playlist appear, just a prompt to start building new playlist with the browse function. Logged in/out of iTunes and Apple ID plus restart, not change. If I go to "My Computer' - Music I can access the existing playlist on my my Mac. Any idea how to get them to appear?

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 10:41 AM

P15D24,

Thanks for following up. Make sure Sync Library is enabled on your Mac, and make sure to follow the steps outlined in the following article: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

If the issue persists, then I suggest reaching out to Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Enjoy your day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 10:41 AM in response to P15D24

P15D24,

Thanks for following up. Make sure Sync Library is enabled on your Mac, and make sure to follow the steps outlined in the following article: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

If the issue persists, then I suggest reaching out to Apple Support: Contact Apple Support

Enjoy your day.

Apr 19, 2020 8:55 PM in response to CarlAVII

Something is still not right: The Apple URL you quoted says "The Library screen in the Apple Music app includes any Apple Music content and playlists you added, iTunes Store purchases and playlists you created, and music you make available through iTunes Match."

I subscribe iTunes Match, but the Library tab has none of my music listed. As in zero songs appearing. Don't see my iTunes purchases either.

Apr 19, 2020 6:41 PM in response to P15D24

Hello P15D24,

Thanks for posting to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand playlists are not appearing on the Apple TV. I'll explain.

"In addition to playlists you create on the Now Playing screen, Playlists includes playlists you added from Apple Music, as well as those shared with you." This means the custom playlists you created from your other devices will not appear there. You can learn more here: Library: Browse and play your music on Apple TV

You can still create playlists specific to your Apple TV. These will also appear on the rest of your devices though.

Take care.

Apr 22, 2020 11:20 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Figured it out and posting this for others who may see the same issue. Like most longtime users I have a different IDs for iTunes and my Apple ID. My Apple Music subscription was done on my iTunes account ID. Somehow on ATV I ended up with two users (I only created 1) and both pointed to my non-tunes account in the "Store" field. (The Store field is now unique to each defined user on ATV). After updating the Store field to my iTunes account and selecting that account in ATV everything started working as expected. What is confusing is the Store ID is no longer in the "Accounts" section of ATV, but the individual user info section. I understand why, but the should have a "hint" in the Accounts section to be sure to set up the Store account for each user since it changed locations from previous versions.

I actually contacted Apple Support about this issue before posting. In the past I have had "good" to "so-so" results with support. This time they were completely worthless. After 40 minutes it was clear they still did not understand the issue, nor a clue on on how to solve it. When they wanted to transfer me to the Mac side of the house I ended the call.

Playlist missing on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.