Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist missing from Music app on Apple TV

I recently updated a playlist on Mac and that playlist disappeared from the Music app on my Apple TV. Other playlists remained and I can play music on Apple TV. While trying to figure this out, I removed a few playlists from the Music app on my Mac. Those playlists are still on my Apple TV, which feels like the playlists are not syncing. I am logged in to my iCloud account on Apple TV. Does my Apple TV need to be authorized? If so, I didn't see a way to do that. What am I missing?

Posted on May 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:17 AM

Hello donmilo!

Looks like you are having some trouble with playlists not syncing to your Apple TV correctly. We want to help! To start, make sure you have iCloud Music Library enabled on your Mac: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music. Then also check to make sure you are still fully signed in on the Apple TV in Settings > Accounts.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 9:17 AM in response to donmilo

Hello donmilo!

Looks like you are having some trouble with playlists not syncing to your Apple TV correctly. We want to help! To start, make sure you have iCloud Music Library enabled on your Mac: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music. Then also check to make sure you are still fully signed in on the Apple TV in Settings > Accounts.

Take care!

Playlist missing from Music app on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.