Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Not loading Certain Apple Music Playlists

I have recently noticed that some playlists on the music app on the Apple TV won't load. I can find and play the playlists on my phone and MacBook. I can hold down on the Artwork for the playlist and get it to play that way, but it will not just open and display the entire playlist. It does this for multiple playlists, but not all. Is anyone else having this issue? How might I resolve?

I've restarted the Apple TV

I've check for updates and am up to date.

I've also logged out and logged back into iCloud on the Apple TV.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 5:12 PM

Don’t bother trying to troubleshoot anymore. I went through a lot of steps and finally even went to the local Apple Store and replicated the issue on their display Apple TV 4Ks. For me the easiest way to replicate the issue is to try to play any classical music playlist featured on the classical genre page. For some reason, it seems that all of those will not work unlike other genres. I have been talking to Apple support with a case open on this, and they have been very helpful and just today let me know they are aware of the issue that appears to be on their end, and other users are experiencing the same. They said they would let me know when the issue is resolved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 5:12 PM in response to jburgh90

Don’t bother trying to troubleshoot anymore. I went through a lot of steps and finally even went to the local Apple Store and replicated the issue on their display Apple TV 4Ks. For me the easiest way to replicate the issue is to try to play any classical music playlist featured on the classical genre page. For some reason, it seems that all of those will not work unlike other genres. I have been talking to Apple support with a case open on this, and they have been very helpful and just today let me know they are aware of the issue that appears to be on their end, and other users are experiencing the same. They said they would let me know when the issue is resolved.

Apple TV 4K Not loading Certain Apple Music Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.