Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Badge will Not Clear on System Preferences in Dock

I presently updated to Catalina OS and have a bothersome red notification that will not clear in System Preferences. I know how to go in and clear badges, turn them off. Have even shut down computer. Help!

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:06 AM

AggieGirl95 wrote:

I presently updated to Catalina OS and have a bothersome red notification that will not clear in System Preferences. I know how to go in and clear badges, turn them off. Have even shut down computer. Help!

Then to suppress the red badge icon on the Dock from the Terminal.app the command line , copy and paste:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 && killall Dock

quit the Terminal.app

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 6:06 AM in response to AggieGirl95

AggieGirl95 wrote:

Then to suppress the red badge icon on the Dock from the Terminal.app the command line , copy and paste:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 && killall Dock

quit the Terminal.app

Notification Badge will Not Clear on System Preferences in Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.