Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LTE Doesn’t Come Up Automatically

I have an iPhone XR 13.3.1. When I am away from my WiFi range, such as outside my house, the LTE won’t come up automatically. I have to shutdown and restart my phone for LTE to come up. It is getting tiring. My phone carrier is Virgin but their phone support isn’t helping. Please help.

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:20 AM

Instead of shutting down the phone put it in Airplane mode for about 15 seconds.

When you are in your house do you have cellular coverage? If you don’t, when you reach an area with coverage the phone will not connect immediately, because when the phone goes out of range of a cellular network it tries to reconnected several times, and if it continues to fail it stops searching as frequently, because searching when there is no signal uses a huge amount of energy. It will still search, but only every few minutes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 9:20 AM in response to shyh-jier

Instead of shutting down the phone put it in Airplane mode for about 15 seconds.

When you are in your house do you have cellular coverage? If you don’t, when you reach an area with coverage the phone will not connect immediately, because when the phone goes out of range of a cellular network it tries to reconnected several times, and if it continues to fail it stops searching as frequently, because searching when there is no signal uses a huge amount of energy. It will still search, but only every few minutes.

LTE Doesn’t Come Up Automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.