You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inserting pdf files into Numbers cells

I have several hundred documents stored as pdf's (genealogy). When I acquire what may be a new document I would like an easy lookup means to see if I already have the document. I envisage a table with several columns:

an index number

a pdf image for a quick examination

a keyword column

How can I store pdf images in individual cells? Specifically, One that can be zoomed for examination?

I know I can use a filter on the keyword column to find applicable index numbers, but I would like a quick look at the document. I seem to remember doing this in Excel years and years ago!

MacBook

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:01 AM

Hi 'sailor,

Single page images, including .pdf images can be pasted into a cell. Numbers accepts the image as "Image fill", not as Data, so then image itself is not searchable (and any content placed in the same cell will appear in front of the image.

Increasing the height and width of the row and column containing that image will expand the image to fit the new size of the cell. Reducing the height and width will shrink the image to fit the smaller size.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2020 10:01 AM in response to scuzzyexsailor

Hi 'sailor,

Single page images, including .pdf images can be pasted into a cell. Numbers accepts the image as "Image fill", not as Data, so then image itself is not searchable (and any content placed in the same cell will appear in front of the image.

Increasing the height and width of the row and column containing that image will expand the image to fit the new size of the cell. Reducing the height and width will shrink the image to fit the smaller size.

Regards,

Barry

Inserting pdf files into Numbers cells

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.